Veterans Car Rally for Disabled Veterans
VetsRally4Vets, June 26, 2021, at Summit Point Raceway, West Virginia
Welcome to the temporary home of the 2021 VetsRally4Vets, the inaugural edition of an auto enthusiast event at Summit Point Raceway by veterans in support of our disabled brethren.
We are vets raising money to provide companion dogs to veterans struggling with PTSD.
Here’s the reason we created VetsRally4Vets:
20 American Veterans commit suicide every day! Awareness and prevention are critical to saving these lives and that’s VetsRally4Vets mission. We can help reduce this toll by supporting the emotional fitness of our veteran community.
Raise awareness of veteran PTSD and suicide and to generate funds to provide companion dogs to veterans dealing with PTSD and depression.* [VetsRally4Vets is a program of the Disabled Veteran Empowerment Network (DVEN.org). veterans with service-connected disabilities.]
Reduce veteran suicides and improve quality of life.
Drive across the United States from Los Angeles to Summit Point, West Virginia, visiting VFW and American Legion posts along the way, highlighting the importance of supporting veterans programs, and finishing with the first-ever inter-service motorsports competition. How cool is this!
2021 VetsRally4Vets Venue and Tentative Schedule
- Date – First week of June 2021 – Depart Los Angeles, CA [location TBD]
- Route – Travel across the US visiting VFW and American Legion posts over 16 days, finishing with an event at Summit Point Raceway on June 26, 2021
- Location – Summit Point Raceway, West Virginia
- Agenda at Summit Point
- Morning parade laps so drivers and passengers can become familiar with the track – Summit Point parade lap video
- Morning Track Cross [time trial, one car at a time] clockwise
- Mid-day – skidpad fun [and lunch]
- Afternoon – Track Cross Counter-clockwise
- Autocross all day – we’re working on developing an autocross program for drivers who don’t want to drive the track
This is an Inter-Service Competition! Army vs. Navy vs. Air Force vs. Marines vs. Coast Guard
Which service will have the greatest participation: Army? Air Force? Navy? Marine Corps? Coast Guard? National Guard? The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps?
VetsRally4Vets at Summit Point Raceway FAQ
- The parade laps are non-competitive and passengers are allowed
- You don’t need a race car for any of the events. You can use your daily driver or family car. It just needs to be in good mechanical condition and pass a basic safety check
- You don’t need a race license for any of the events; just a valid state driver license
- You don’t need a helmet for the parade laps or skidpad. You will need a helmet for the timed Track Cross events, but loaners will be available at the track.
- We will have music – maybe a battle of the bands – and lunch is included your donation
Driver Spaces Are Limited
Track Time Trial
We will be using the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point and we are limited to just 85 drivers for the track time trial event. Registration will open on Motorsportreg.com on January 15, 2021, depending on the status of the Covid-19 virus in the US. Registration will be offered to drivers on our email list in the order they joined our list.
We will be able to handle 150 autocrossers.
If you are at all interested in being a Founding Participant in Summit Point program, complete the signup form below. We never share our email list and the only message you will ever receive will be about the VetsRally4Vets and you can unsubscribe with one click. There is no commitment to join the list.
That’s it. This will be a really fun event for an important cause. Are you in?
Whoa! I almost forgot about the trophies. Some lucky [persistent, dedicated, skillful, fun-loving] teams will walk away with the following Top Dog awards:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Overall Combined Time Attack/Autocross Team
- Top Time Attack Team
- Top Autocross Team
- Best Team Uniform
- Best Team Logo
- Most non-driving supporters at the event
- Most service members that participated in the cross country stops
Receive updates and get notified when registration goes live
If you love cars and driving, you don’t want to miss being a part of the 2021 VetsRally4Vets!
Input your name and email address to receive updates about VetsRally4Vets. Additionally, feel free to submit any questions and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest and support!
* How Companion Dogs Help Veterans with PTSD
15-20% of America’s military veterans suffer from PTSD and 20 American veterans commit suicide every day. We can’t let this continue to happen.
Owning a dog lifts the owner’s spirit and helps reduce stress and depression. Dogs help people feel better by providing loyal companionship which reduces the overall mental anguish and depression of veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
While it costs over $30,000 to deliver a fully-trained service dog to a disabled veteran, we can provide veterans suffering with PTSD a basic-trained companion dog for roughly $2,947.00. Each dog we provide gives a PTSD veteran these critical benefits:
- A loyal companion when depression and anxiety take over
- A good reason to get out of the house, spend time outdoors, meet new people, and
- A trusted companion for fun and stress reduction
- A way to express emotional love and compassion
Every dog we can provide benefits two lives: emotionally vulnerable veteran and a rescued dog!
Here’s Autocross at Summit Point
It’s almost like a track day!
Time Attack on the Track
We’ll be driving the Jefferson Circuit. Click the image below for track information.
Check out the YouTube video below to experience a parade lap on the Jefferson Circuit. Not too fast and not too slow!
Join us on June 26, 2021 at Summit Point Raceway this fall for a fantastic automobile event and help us donate 5+ companion dogs to veterans suffering from PTSD.
US Army (R)
Official Veterans Rally For Disabled Veterans Flyer
If you are part of a group or organization, that would be interested in attending our event, please feel free to share our flyer below. We greatly appreciate your support!